The central laboratory of VLB Berlin e.V. is your competent partner for the chemical-technical analysis of beer (non-alcoholic), beer intermediate products (wort), mixed beer beverages, non-alcoholic (soft) drinks, filter aids and hops. The analyses are performed according to standard methods from the EBC, MEBAK and ASBC.
Below you will find an extract our services offering:
- Classical beer analysis (e.g. original gravity, alcohol, bitter units, foam according to MEBAK, EBC and ASBC standard methods)
- Elemental analysis (heavy metals, soluble particles originating from filter aids and trace analysis by ICP-MS)
- Aroma analysis (e.g. hop aroma components, fermentation by-products, sulphur compounds and staling aldehydes by Gas Chromatography)
- Nutritional analysis (BIG7, vitamins)
- Sugar analysis (sugar spectrum using HPLC and enzymatic methods)
- Isotonicity using an osmometer
- Hop analysis (e.g. bitter substances, total oil determination, resin fractionation, conductometry, polyphenols, nitrate, nitrite)
- Marketability certification (analytics, microbiology, sensory analysis and declaration testing)
- Preparation of test reports and certificates
Our contract laboratories are accredited according to DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018, DAkkS Reg. No.: D-PL-14173-01-00 for the test methods listed in the annexe to the accreditation certificate.
Please contact us for an analysis package tailored to your product.