The yeast bank of our Biological Laboratory offers more than 100 different yeast strains and other functional microorganisms for use in brewing, spirits and beverage industries.
These mainly include:
- Bottom fermenting yeasts for breweries e.g. Pilsner type beers, Lager and Export
- Top fermenting yeasts for breweries e.g. Ales, Wheat beers, Alt and Kölsch
- Spirits, wine and champagne yeast strains
- Culture yeasts for specific products, such as low alcohol beers or specialty beers e.g. Berliner Weisse
- Lactic acid bacteria for acidification of mash and wort
- Cultures for the production of non-alcoholic fermented beverages e.g. Kombucha and Water Kefir
All prices are exclusive sales tax, shipping costs and any costs for necessary export documents, such as phytosanitary certificate or export accompanying documents.
We provide our comprehensive services regarding yeast and starter cultures as well as the development of special products:
- `Third-party storage’ – exclusive long-term storage and management of customers’ own yeast
- Purity check or purification, of your brewery yeast
- Isolation, identification and characterization of microorganisms
- Lyophilization of cultures
- Customized screenings and implementation of test fermentations including accompanying analysis
- Product development
Yeast bank and starter cultures of the Versuchs- und Lehranstalt für Brauerei in Berlin (VLB) e.V.
List of yeast strains