At the VLB Berlin, we have decades of experience in the field of quality assurance for spirits. The combination of a wide range of modern equipment, specialist staff and accreditation in accordance with DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018 (DAkkS Reg. No.: D-PL-14173-01-00 for the test methods listed in the annex to the accreditation certificate) guarantee service at the highest level.
Our portfolio for the evaluation and assessment of spirits is not limited to analytical laboratory services, but also includes, if required, the sensory evaluation of the product, labelling tests in accordance with German law (e.g. AGeV, FpackV) and EU law (e.g. LMIV, VO EU 2019/787) as well as any limit value controls.
An overview of the key spirit analyses can be found below:
- Determination of alcohol, density and (dry) extract
- Determination of volatile components (e.g. methanol, higher alcohols, esters, aldehydes, terpenes) by gas chromatography (GC-FID and GC-MS)
- Determination of non-volatile components such as various sugars (enzymatic or HPLC), fat, egg yolk content, protein content
- Determination of flavouring substances regulated by a maximum tolerated concentration (e.g. glycyrrhizic acid, β-asarone, α- and β-thujone, safrole, coumarin, pulegone)
- Determination of trace elements by mass spectrometry with inductively coupled plasma (ICP-MS)
- Analysis of ethyl alcohol of agricultural origin (according to CTB or VO EU 2019/787)
- Sensory analysis of spirits (e.g. simple descriptive test, triangle tests, 5-point scheme)
- Turbidity analysis (staining reactions, SEM-EDX)
- Preparation of export certificates
Please contact us for an analysis package tailored to your product. With our expertise, we want to help you select the most relevant analysis package.