Brewing cereals and malt
The VLB Research Institute for Raw Materials offers research, analysis and consulting in the field of cereal-based brewery raw materials.
The range of services includes:
- Physical, chemical-technical and instrumental analysis of brewing cereals, malt, spent grain and adjuncts
- Assessment of the technological quality of cereal-based raw materials
- Micro malting of brewing cereals for evaluation of processing properties and selection of genotypes in plant breeding
- Advice on malting technology, quality-relevant and analytical questions
- Service research for plant breeders, agriculture, grain trade, malting and brewing industries
The VLB Research Institute for Raw Materials is a reference laboratory and a board of arbitration for the cereal trade in Germany.
All analyses are performed in laboratories which meet the demands of the international standard DIN EN ISO/IEC 17025:2018.