VLB Virtual Campus
Next course: 13 to 24 September 2021
A ten-day full-time training course providing up-to-date knowledge in the field of pub and micro brewing. Due to the global Corona pandemic, the course 2021 will be conducted again as a 100 % web-based online training.
“Craft Brewing Online” covers the basics of beer brewing in the small-scale. The three lecture sessions per day incl. Q&A (question & answers) sessions will approach a broad range of relevant brewing topics. In order to provide an interactive learning experience, all lessons will be presented live (!) by senior brewing professionals from VLB Berlin and partners. The course addresses persons who have a professional interest in craft brewing. We strongly recommend some basic experience in brewing, e.g. as home brewer.
The course language is English. All lessons will be held as live video conference in English at Berlin local time. You can expect intensive online training sessions including live chats with our brewing experts resulting in a maximum benefit for boosting your knowledge in professional brewing.
2400 € plus VAT. A non-refundable deposit of 500 € is due at the time of acceptance to the programme. The total balance is due one week before the beginning of the course. The fee may be paid by bank transfer or credit card.
Establishing a pub brewery:
- Plant equipment
- Business plan & economic aspects
- Brewhouse work / wort treatment
- Fermentation & maturation
- Basics of beer filtration
- Basics of filling
- Application of special malts
- Special beers - types & production
- Production of alcohol-free beers
- Water treatment / analysis
- Energy in the brewery
- Cleaning and disinfection aspects
Raw materials & quality aspects:
- Malt - quality aspects
- Hops & hop products
- Yeast management in micro breweries
- Different aspects of beer and flavour stability
- Quality control for pub brewers
- Basics of tasting - main off-flavours
Schedule subject to minor changes.
Regulations for VLB Virtual Campus Events
Each participant undertakes not to pass on our provided teaching materials to third parties and not to copy or record lecture content.