As the operator of accredited laboratories and testing facilities to ensure compliance with legal requirements in the beverage industry as well as drinking and wastewater suppliers, the VLB is part of the critical infrastructure according to the Food Security and Prevention Act (ESVG).
In principle, the official regulations of the Berlin Senate Department concerning measures against the Corona pandemic in public buildings apply to the VLB. In particular, we refer to:
- Access to the VLB buildings is possible for employees and external parties without Corona-related restrictions.
- Individual regulations apply to the holding of seminars and other events on our premises, which will be communicated to the relevant group of participants in advance.
- We still recommend that all visitors and employees in the VLB buildings wear mouth-nose protection (FFP-2 or medical mask). The same recommendation applies to maintaining a minimum distance of 1.5 m.
- Visitors will be registered in a visitor's book by the gatekeeper upon arrival and departure from the building and will be picked up by the host staff member.
- Persons with acute respiratory symptoms, i.e. signs of respiratory illness (unless a cold has been cleared up by a doctor, for example), are not allowed to enter the building.
Further details are regulated by our Hygiene Rules issued by the VLB management (current version of 1. November 2022).
The crisis team of the VLB continuously monitors and evaluates the current Covid-19 development in Germany and Europe and will take the official information and instructions from the responsible federal and state authorities into account.
This information page will be updated if needed.