Despite the spread of the Covid-19 virus, we are maintaining our business operations, but in some cases with restrictions. The current situation is as follows :
We maintain the operation of our service laboratories (analysis / testing of beer, beverage, spirits, raw materials, packaging), taking into account the legal requirements and taking all necessary precautionary measures for our staff and customers ---> our lab services
Our accounting department currently works in the home office. This leads to longer processing times. We ask for your understanding!
Our Axel-Simon Library and the Schultze-Berndt Library are in operation again, taking into account the current RKI hygiene rules.
Training courses at the VLB
According to the 4th SARS-CoV-2 containment regulation of the Berlin Senate of April 21, the ban on on-site training courses in the VLB building was withdrawn on April 22. As a result, training courses in our rooms are generally allowed in compliance with the RKI recommendations on infection protection. In ccase of our on-site training courses, our VLB internal hygiene regulations apply, e.g. mask requirement in the ground floor, distance control, personal hygiene, until further notice ---> overview training programs
VLB international conferences:
- 107th Brewing and Engineering Conference, March 9 to 11 , 2020, Leipzig, Germany: postponed to 26 to 28 October 2020 at the Westin Leipzig
- Seminar Modern Brewing Technologies, March 24 to 26 2020, Moscow, Russia: cancelled, next date in 2021
- 6th BioProScale Symposium, March 30 to April 1, 2020, Berlin, Germany: cancelled and postponed to 29 to 31 March 2021
- Workshop "Craft Brewing in Practice": will be conducted as a 10-day web-baes training from 14-25 September 2020 -> more information
- 2nd Africa Brewing Conference, 25 to 27 May 2020, Maputo, Mozambique: cancelled
- 107th VLB October Convention, October 12/13 , 2020, Berlin, Germany: is cancelled due to the postponement of the Brewing and Engineering Conference to October
- 11th Iberoamerican Symposium, 21 to 23 September 2020, Barcelona, Spain: cancelled
---> Event schedule
The crisis team of the VLB continuously monitors and evaluates the current Covid-19 development in Germany and Europe and will take the official information and instructions from the responsible federal and state authorities into account.
This information page is continuously updated.