The current spread of the Covid-19 virus in Europe and Germany also has an impact on our work and services. We are maintaining our business operations, but in some cases with restrictions. The current situation is as follows :
We maintain the operation of our service laboratories (analysis / testing of beer, beverage, spirits, raw materials, packaging), taking into account the legal requirements and taking all necessary precautionary measures for our staff and customers ---> our lab services
Our accounting department currently works in the home office. This leads to longer processing times. We ask for your understanding!
Our Axel-Simon Library and the Schultze-Berndt Library are in operation, but closed for visitors. Inquiries by phone or email only. They may be reopened from April 27, taking into account the current RKI hygiene rules.
Training courses at the VLB
According to the 4th SARS-CoV-2 containment regulation of the Berlin Senate of April 21, the ban on on-site training courses in the VLB building was withdrawn on April 22. As a result, training courses in our rooms are generally allowed in compliance with the RKI recommendations on infection protection. Until further notice we continue to conduct our on-site courses via video conference with our learning-management system ---> overview training programs
- 107th Brewing and Engineering Conference, March 9 to 11 , 2020, Leipzig, Germany: postponed to 26 to 28 October 2020 at the Westin Leipzig
- 23. Logistikfachkongress, March 30 to April 1, 2020, Leipzig, Germany: postponed to 21-23 October 2020 -> more information
- Seminar Modern Brewing Technologies, March 24 to 26 2020, Moscow, Russia:
postponed to September, 2020, accompanying the Beviale Moscow (now 2-4 September 2020)
- 6th BioProScale Symposium, March 30 to April 1, 2020, Berlin, Germany:
cancelled and postponed to 29 to 31 March 2021
- Workshop "Micro Malting in Practice", 11-18 May 2020, Berlin
will be conducted as a 5-day webinar -> more information
- 2nd Africa Brewing Conference, 25 to 27 May 2020, Maputo, Mozambique:
- 107th VLB October Convention, October 12/13 , 2020, Berlin, Germany:
is cancelled due to the postponement of the Brewing and Engineering Conference to October
- 11th Iberoamerican Symposium, 21 to 23 September 2020, Barcelona, Spain:
---> Event schedule
The crisis team of the VLB continuously monitors and evaluates the current Covid-19 development in Germany and Europe and will take the official information and instructions from the responsible federal and state authorities into account.
This information page is continuously updated.