This time, VLB Berlin had the unconditional support of the Cervecería Centro Americana S.A., a company with great Guatemalan tradition that has more than 125 years of experience in the beer production. In the first day, an incredible virtual 3D visit to the facilities of Cervecería Centro Americana was held at Casa Santo Domingo in Antigua, Guatemala, accompanied by an impressive opening gala that will remain certainly in the memory of all participants.
The second day, after an intense day of presentations at the Intercontinental Hotel in Guatemala City, where topics as raw material and brewhouse were explained and discussed, a great evening was enjoyed at "Casa del Águila" by courtesy of “El Príncipe Gris”. This craft brewery is located in Guatemala City and was founded over a year ago by the VLB Certified Brewmaster, Alejandro Castillo Close. In this very pleasant meeting, the participants of the Symposium had the opportunity to enjoy the excellent beers made by El Principe Gris.
The third day, after interesting lectures of beer filtration, optimization of the brewing process and the aspects of packaging and environment, followed by the closing words and the respective final toast, the participants had the opportunity to exchange ideas about the successful event.
The 8th Ibero-American Symposium was held thanks to the sponsorship and support of the following sponsoring companies:
- Gold Sponsors: Hopsteiner, Anton Paar, KHS
- Silver Sponsors: Bühler, Landaluce, Fermentis, Pentair, Ziemann Holvrieka, Petainer, Krones
- Bronze Sponsors: Cargill, Pall, DSM, Alfa Laval
- Local Support: Cervecería Centroamericana S.A and Cervecería Artesanal El Principe Gris. German-Guatemalan Chamber of Industry and Commerce
- Additionally with the support of: Euromonitor Internacional