all prices incl. 7% VAT,
plus. shipping and handling
The book – in brewers’ circles well-known as just the “Kunze”– has accompanied countless brewers and maltsters on their way into and through the professional practice since its first edition in 1961. Meanwhile more than 30,000 German, about 17,000 English, 6000 Chinese, 3500 Russian and 1500 Spanish copies have been printed. It has also been translated into Polish, Serbian and Hungarian.
The 5th English Edition has been revised, partly updated and has been upgraded with a new modern layout. It contains 960 pages with more than 850 figures.
- Raw materials: Barley, hops, water, yeast, adjuncts
- Malt production
- Wort production
- Beer production: Fermention, maturation, filtration, stabilisation
- Filling the beer: One-way/returnable glass bottles, PET, cans, kegs
- Cleaning and disinfection
- Finished beer: Ingredients, beer types, quality
- Small scale brewing
- Waste disposal and the environment
- Energy management in the brewery and malting
- Automation and plant planning
The book addresses professional brewer in all sizes, from ambitious homebrewer, craft brewer, micro brewer, pub brewer up to industrial brewer. Because of its clear and thorough representation of all relevant aspects of malt and beer production, in more than 50 years, ”Technology Brewing & Malting” has become to what it is today: a standard work – across the globe.
Wolfgang Kunze, born in 1926, is a qualified brewer and maltster and studied brewing engineering at the VLB Berlin. For 38 years, he was a teacher and head of the Dresden Brewer’s School and introduced generations of young brewers and maltsters to the art of beer brewing. His comprehensive knowledge and didactic experience, which he vividly conveys in his book, have made “Technology Brewing and Malting” over the last 50 years to what it is today: a standard work worldwide.