Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
VLB Berlin and DuPont Industrial Biosciences (DuPont) are coming together to establish a new conference devoted to sharing brewing knowledge, strengthening relationships and discussing best practices for the brewing and malting industry in Africa. The inaugural event will take place in May 2019 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
As joint organizers, VLB Berlin and DuPont aim to provide an open platform for world-class education and networking for the brewing industry in Africa. As a forum focused on the technical and scientific aspects of beermaking, the Africa Brewing Conference will bring together managers, brewers and leading technical staff from production, filling/packaging and quality assurance of breweries and maltings. The conference will be held in English, with topics covering the full supply chain of beer production, including raw materials, process optimization, sustainability, brewing technology, application of enzymes, product development and quality aspects.
- Development of the beer markets in (East) Africa
- Brewing with barley malt, non-barley malt or adjuncts – Process optimisation
- Fermentation and filtration – Process and equipment options
- Trends in beer filling technology
- Brewery projects in Africa - Case studies
---> see our press release
- Breweries, bottlers, beverage industry, maltings: 290 €*
- Supply industry, consultants and others: 1450 €**
all prices plus taxes
* Group rates on request
** 25 % discount for VLB members
Meskel Square, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia